Header Picture

Header Picture

Saturday, July 3, 2010

To the ZOO!!



So today is July 3rd and since July 4th lands on a Sunday this year, everyone is celebrating the special holiday today, which also happens to be Kaiden's 10 Month mark!
Well this morning we woke up and went to our ward's 4th of July breakfast. It was nice to run into the people we knew and to meet new ones as well. The breakfast was scrumptious and was a great way to begin our way amazing saturday!
Since we had gotten up so early and were all ready for the day, and since the weather was super nice (as in, not too hot, high of 82!) I suggested we go to the zoo!
It was soo much funn! We ended up spending over 5 hours there which is good cause it's a pretty small zoo to begin with. I think Kaiden liked the zoo, since he wasn't at all fussy and was just "chill" the whole time. He loves being outside and people watching and the animals weren't too bad. lol. His favorite part was probably the Bird Show! He really liked having the birds flying all over and swooping right above our heads! Darren and I made sure to stand in line early to get decent seats and good thing we did, cause we got the best in the house! We also got to meet the new baby elephant, Zuri, that is the same age as Kaiden, 10 months! She was pretty cute! All the other animals were pretty fun to watch however half of them were sleeping. Major Bummer. On the plus side, Darren and I got our exercise in and I also got my tan on! However, the most important "plus" is spending time with our lil family! =) To finish off our Zoo Trip, we took the train ride which Kaiden reall really liked!!
When we got home, we put Kaiden to sleep and threw some veggies and BBQ ribs on the barbie for a true American way to end this special holiday!
We also detailed Darren's truck which pretty much took all night!
The only question now is should we wake Kaiden up later to watch the fireworks.....? lol. I guess we shall see!

****Update****
We did end up waking Kaiden for the firework show! I found a show that was only a 5 min drive away! Darren and I happened upon the perfect spot!!! It was a dark back parking lot that was so close to the fireworks. We could even see the ground show! We just laid a blanket down in the back of our truck and enjoyed the show! Which was pretty good! Kaiden was a little fussy since we had woke him up but once the show started he was locked on and since we were so close I had to cover his ears because they were so loud! It was a great way to end the night!!
TTFN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment