Header Picture

Header Picture

Friday, July 16, 2010

Stevens Family Reunion


Alright so first off I LOVE family renions! I've been talking up this years Stevens reunion with all of my family. Mostly because I was sooo excited it was going to be in Utah this year and because I didn't think it was that far away. So I guess time just snuck up on me cause my mom calls me at 9 am to remind me the reunion was that day! Well I get super excited. Kaiden's down for a nap so I get myself all ready and get Kaiden all packed up and at 11 am he wakes up. Ashlea calls and asks me what Im up to and I remind her of the reunion and I get her excited to go to! lol. So I get Kaided all bathed and ready and then I get on mapquest. Thinking Price, Utah is maybe 30 mins away I wasn't too worried about it. Well surprise to me mapquest says its a 2 hr drive! BUH! I call Ashlea back and we arrange for me to pick her up and drive together down there. (Remember Darren is working.) Well, 2 1/2 hours later (1 1/2 hr through a ridiclous canyon!) we finally arrive. Mapquest was sooo wrong plus I was speeding the whole way (bad I know) but I was so excited I wanted to get there sooner! If I wasn't speeding, I bet it would have taken us a good 3 hours! Haha!

So its 2:30 pm and we've finally arrived! And everyones chillin in the park hearing and remembering stories about great great granny. Kaiden was enjoying playing in the grass with my year old cousin Clarissa. They were sooo cute together! They were sharing baby carrots! lol It was really relaxing being outside and finally outta that car. It was nice to visit with my aunts and cousins! So its a July day in southern Utah, meaning its high 90's and we've been outside for hours and are totally hot, so we all decided to go back to my gramma's hotel to play in the pool. I didn't pack swim gear since I figured we would only be down for the day but good thing my aunt was able to loan Kaiden a pair of swimming diapers so at least he could cool down. He enjoyed it of course! Our lil water baby!! He was getting passed around by everyone and enjoying every minute in the water. After everyone got all showered and ready after the pool, we went out to eat at this yummy Mexican restarant. Before I know it, its 8 30 pm and its way past Kaidens bedtime so he's getting fussy. So Ash and I said or goodbyes and scadadeled outta there. And good thing we did! Because we just made it out of the canyon by 10 pm and had just barely beaten the dark. It was probably the longest drive home ever! lol. I guess being tired will do that to ya. I was just glad Darren was awake waiting for us! I love him! <3

It was a long hot day but it was way fun to get together with the fam! Also I accidentally hijacked my aunts stroller so I guess we get to see them again sunday on their way back up to Idaho! Hehe!

Well, thats all folks!

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment