This week has been a rainy and even snowy week, so it was the perfect opportunity to
This was funny, Kaiden woke up wanting to play outside so I showed him what it looked like outside. When he saw all the snow he was like "OHHH MANNN!" lol, he was extremley diasppointed.
First I wanted to make a play dough recipe. I use to make play dough all the time as a kid, but this time I wanted something better for a toddler. So I found a recipe called Peanut Butter play dough, which I thought sounded disgusting, so I made up my own recipe using Peanut butter, powdered sugar and milk. It was a little greasy because of the peanut butter, but it was sure delicious. The best part is after your done playing with it, with clean hands, you can roll it up in balls and dip it in chocolate. YUMMMMMMM.
Then we tried a little project called Magic Milk Paint. Its kinda like two art projects and science experiment rolled into one. All you need is milk, colored dye, dish doap and a toothpick.
It kept him busy for a good ten minutes, until he tried to lap it up like a puppy. lol
Then I opted to turn it into a paint project. Which kept him busy for another ten minutes.
I saw this fun science experiment online and thought of Kaiden. Its just an empty container, cut up pipe cleaner and a magnet wand.
Of course I have no idea where to buy a real magnet wand so I made my own out of a push pin style fridge magnet, black gorilla tape and a wooden dowel.
He had fun dumping them out and putting them all back in. I was so glad I used an empty Parmesan cheese container that has those little holes, it turned out to be a genius idea.
Then came the BEST idea EVER. And it was so OBVIOUS I couldn't believe I hadn't tried it before. All you need is a giant blanket or towels, lots of bowls spoons, etc. and a little water.
This activity kept him busy for close to an hour! I even added food coloring to the water to make it more interesting.
I also added rice and ice cubes; items that sink and items that float. He had a great time pouring and stirring the water. And straining the rice and making a mess. Which is super easy to clean up, if you dont add dye to the water you can just throw the blanket in the dryer. It is just water after all.
And I found this awesome lil idea online as well, to help teach Kaiden his colors. All you need is foam board, clothespins and paint samples.
You will want to cut the game out of the giant foam board, I just hadn't done it yet. I was letting the glue dry and thought I'd take a few pics. I spent less than four dollars and easily made three.
Its funny because after keeping him busy with new activities, he would actually sit down and watch the majority of a movie. lol. This was nice pay back.
Other ways we've kept Kaiden busy is by helping out with chores. He LOVES helping me clean the dishes, vacuum the floors, mop, sweep, dust, etc. And he knows that when he helps out with chores, he gets a reward. We bought a cheapy gumball machine and gumballs are now his reward. He likes using pennies and nickels to "buy" his little candy. They have been a great reward. "Gum?" you may ask, well our Kaiden chews his gum for maybe ten minutes then swallows it, so he keeps it in his mouth.
Kaiden and I also baked cookies, which kept us busy for about twenty minutes. I usually measure out the ingredients and he has fun dumping them in the bowl and turning on the mixer. Of course his favorite part is the warm gooey end result. :D
This week Darren has been teaching Kaiden and a friend of ours, Josh, how to box. Boy does Kaiden LOVE boxing. It is sooo cute to see him drag out some boxing gloves and ask me to box. Of course Im no boxer, so he has to wait for his daddy. He also likes watching his daddy box.
This week Jaxton also sat up all by himself, unassisted, for more than five minutes. We are so proud of him.
He hasn't gotten quite down yet. He can balance himself up pretty well, but his back isn't straight up where it should be. This will come with practice. lol.
Sometimes he reminds me of Baby Tarzan, from the Disney cartoon. lol
He has been trying to sit up for a month now, mostly so he can get a better view of what his brother is up to. He LOVES his big brother. He watches EVERYTHING he does and it keeps him happy and content. It is so cute to watch Kaiden play peek a boo with his brother and have Jaxton just dying of laughter. You can see by the way Jaxton watches Kaiden that he can't wait to be old enough and big enough to play with him.
Random thought: Kaiden likes to feed himself, but if you ever want to "help" him you HAVE to play airplane and make airplane noises. lol.
Kaiden saw me taking pictures and literally decided to jump in, see Jaxton in the back ground? lol. Wow, I gotta say Kaiden has the BEST Big Blue Eyes!
And a few more pictures of our almost six month old. I can'tbelieve it. Time has FLOWN by.
Besides watching his brother I'd have to say playing with his toes is his favorite thing to do. lol
Well if I find any other fun toddler activities I will post them. It is a LOOOOOOONG winter in Rexburg after all. TTFN!
No comments:
Post a Comment