
One of my dad's reasons for coming out that specific weekend was to help me with the boys while Darren took the LSATs. Darren left friday morning for Jackson Hole, WY to get comfortable, relax and find the testing location. I was so happy to have my dad's help because the one hour leading up to bedtime in this house is C R A Z Y!
We went to Yellowstone Bear World after Darren left on Friday. I've gotta say I've always wanted to go but I could never talk Darren into it. Well it was WAY better than I ever expected it to be.
It's a drive through animal park/ zoo that only has animals you would see in Yellowstone National Park. Bison, Elk, Deer, Wolves, etc. Of course the main attraction is the bears. I knew the place was called "Bear World" but I would have thought there would be 20 to 30 BIG BEARS. Heck, they were right up on our car. lol. They even had six bear cubs that were just the cutest lil things.
They had the COOLEST petting zoo ever. No cages, it was ALL free roaming baby deer, baby elk, pig, chickens, peacocks, and of course goats.
Kaiden loved it, but his favorite part of the whole experience was the kiddie amusement park. There were only about five rides but Kaiden had a blast. His favorite was the Roller Coaster, this boy LOVES to go fast.
All in all, we probably spent 4 hours there and could have stayed longer if they weren't closing. lol. I don'tthink we coculd have stayed there as long or had as much fun if Kaiden wasn't there. He was pretty entertaining and super excited.

We also promised to take my dad to Yellowstone that weekend because he had never been, and since we live so close, and because we had so much fun going with our friends the week before, we absolutley had to.
I think my dad had fun, but being in the car all day with two young kids isn't always fun. We skipped about half the park, but seriously you could spend over a week there so it's safe to say we still got a lot of sight seeing done.
Ol Faithful.
Kaiden was more interested in playing in the rocks. lol.
Darren and I saw new spots we hadn't seen the week before, like this view of the Yellowstone Grand Canyon
and my dad decided he wants to go again next year and we saved enough sights for it to still be exciting and new. lol. Its a good thing we went to Bear World the day before because my dad was sorely disappointed he didn't see ONE BEAR our entire day there. lol
We were sad to see him go but we're so lucky he came out to spend the weekend with us. It is alot of trouble and time just getting to lil ol Rexburg and we are so happy he came. Love ya Pops, thanks for EVERYTHING






No comments:
Post a Comment