Header Picture

Header Picture

Monday, October 17, 2011

The Annual Halloween Dinner SpookTacular!!

Last Saturday we invited 3 couples over for dinner, yeah that's 8 people including us. Our biggest dinner party yet! It was ALOT of work prepping a 12 meal course for so many people, but so worth it. We had the Larson's, the Cooper's and my Cousin Casey and his adorably sweet, almost fiancee. :D And now for the moment you've all been waiting for, the menu and pictures of course!







































Of course we had to decorate the front steps! I also decorated my window, I need to take a pic of that. Its so cute

Darren and I wait to carve pumpkins until the week of Halloween to keep them looking "fresh," so this was a fun activity to keep them looking cute until then.


The set up. I just LOVED decorating for this. :D


For Halloween, I feel the best decorations are candy! And I love the idea of putting them in funky, clear glasses.



I had a BLAST creating the menus and making these fun bat/ pumpkin name places.





I even found a fun 3D pumpkin and origami bats. P.s., do you notice the streams to the right?






And Now For The Menu!






Eyeballs Wrapped in Pig Skin: Bacon Wrapped WholeWater Chestnuts



Mad Scientist's Scalpel: Knife



Kinight's Meat Drenched in Dragon's Breath: Buffalo Chicken Salad



Excavated Bones: A Straw with a Skeleton on it



Witch's Brew: The Drink



Slobber Wipers: Napkin



Putrid Troll Teeth: Yellow Butter Mints



Eerie Hallowed Ground: The Dessert, Cake andIce Cream



Chocolate Mice: Kisses and Chocolate Covered Cherries



Devil's Pitchfork: Fork



Battered Vampire Flesh Over Albino Bat Wings: Crispy Chicken with Alfredo Sauce and Bowties
Grave Digger: Spoon



Boiled Dragon Scales: Artichoke Leaves



Mummy Buns: Bum Shaped Rolls



Spider Eggs: Deviled Eggs












The dessert, Eerie Hallowed Ground. Served with a side of Cookies N Cream Ice Cream.









I made seven, 4 inch personal cakes for everyone. Darren and I shared one. :D Josh and Casey were the only ones to finish the whole dessert, everyone else took theirs to go.









Well I had extra left over so I made a few cupcakes for the neighbors. And yes, even the cakes had the surprise lime green centers, or as Darren likes to call it, the Decayed Remains. lol.















Chocolate Mice, arent they super cute??









Spider Eggs. Just Devilied Eggs and a cut up Olive.






As the Romriell tradition, you even have to order your silverware, lol. The guests got a KICK out of our Halloween dinner and had a TON of fun. The best is seeing who will order dessert first, lol, which of course happened to Kelli on her very first order, along with a spoon. Haha. We got tons of compliments on the food and everyone had a great time. Chelsea Larson is even thinking about doing the same thing for her family when they visit. :D






I wish we could have taken pictures of ALL the food, because it all looked amazing and was delicious, if I do say so myself. ;D However, Darren and I were super busy during the whole thing. lol. Cant wait to see what cookey ideas I find for next year's Halloween dinner.






TTFN!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness...everything looks so stinkin' cute!! Nice work, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pumpkin bat place cards you made. The desserts look so good, looks like you guys had tons of fun!!

    ReplyDelete