Header Picture

Header Picture

Monday, August 2, 2010

Play Dates

Last night we were invited to a lil social with 2 other couples from our ward! It was fun, we made cookies and just sat around talking. Peter and Madeline have a lil 17 month old girl named Ella and a 5 month old boy named Calvin. And the other couple Alvin and Laura have a 17 month old boy named Miles. So Kaiden LOVED being there around all the kids! It was sooo cute because he loves walking and was chasing the other kids around the house! Although he hasn't mastered running so he was tying to "walk chase" them! lol.


Well the kids just had so much fun that Laura, Madeline and I agreed that the next day we should have a play date, since we are all stay at home mommies! So thats what we did today! Kaiden had sooo much fun again! He is such a social lil butterfly! We went to Laura's place this time and she lives on the 2nd floor, meaning her patio is carpeted! So jealous! She left the door open and Kaiden just thought he was hott stuff walking in and out of the house all by himself! He was sooo content just playing out there on the patio! Haha. Maybe Ill have to put the blanket out on our patio more often. =)


After or play group we went to the craft store to pick up more thread for my cross stitching project which I think is coming along rather well! I really want to get it finished soon so I can start a new sewing project! Madeline offered to teach and help me! I want to make Kaiden a Quiet Book with all of our family members pictures in it!


I also swindeled Darren into picking up a pizza on his way home! Yummmm! He worked til 5 pm today and went over to Gertrude's to fix a few things. So he didnt get home until 7 ish.


So if you are wondering what our plans for the summer are, we have finally figured them out! On August 14th we will be taking the 13 hour treck east to visit Darren's parents in Council Bluffs, Iowa (AKA Omaha, Nebraska!) We will PLAY there until thursday night (Darren's Birthday!!!!) or friday morning. Then we will spend friday and saturday with my parents and grandparents and step aunts/ uncles/ cousins in Des Moines, Iowa. While we are there we are going to the Iowa State Fair! We went there last year when I was 9 months preggers and let me tell you, the food was delicious!!!! Although the weather was really hot! lol. My grandpa Jerry is kinda a big wig in Des Moines and hosts an annual pizza party at a local pizza joint! My grandpa Jerry's kids are pretty well known lawyers/ politicians. I asked Darren if he was excited to meet them and talk about politics/ lawyer stuff, he was like "well yeah, but they're Democrats!" lol. I'm still assuming he will enjoy himself! THen sunday moning we will leave for home. Its going to be a pretty exciting week! So there ya go!


Oh and here is a pic I took today! I was washing the dishes and peered over the counter to see why Kaiden was being so quiet and this is what I saw! Luckily I keep the camera on the same said counter! lol

I just need to add that this is a Touch N Feel book! lol And his hand is on his FAVORITE page, the puppy page! Ironically enough it looks and feels just like Jozlyn! lol.

TTFN!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for sewing projects! That will be way fun, I just am finishing up a quiet book for Preston, not like he will use it for a while but it's so fun making him stuff. I can't wait to see picture of your cross stitch projects, the last one you made was way cute!

    ReplyDelete