Header Picture

Header Picture

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Errands and Luau's!

So for the past 2 days or so I've been running errands like a mad fool! I'm jst trying to get prepared for the big trip! We are leaving frieday afternoon and are going to drive through the night. Hallelujah! Haha. On a 13 hour car trip, having Kaiden asleep for 10 or more hours is IDEAL! Plus he will be all rested and ready for to play with the grandparents saturday morning! =)
Well today I was in the middle of cooking dinner when my friend Laura (the one whose in my ward) stopped by to give me my visiting teaching calling! Wahoo! Also she reminded me that our apartments were hosting a Luau Party out by the pool! Good thing I had only cooked the chiken! I popped it into the fridge for tomorrows dinner! When Darren got home he wasn't too excited about the Lua Party especially since he thought they'd be serving hot dogs. Haha. Luckily it was catered Hawaiian food! YUMMMMMM! Plled Pork, grilled chicken, sticky rice, etc! They even had posilces which we gave to Kaiden! Plus they were having a raffle! We were sitting with our friends and they all had tickets, but you had to stay the whole 2 hours to get the prizes. So one by one our friends started leaving and they were giving us their tickets! We ended up with 11 tickets and at least 6 prizes! I felt bad winning ALL THE TIME so I made Darren leave early and we gave the rest of our tickets away. Haha who knows what else we would have won if we stayed there! However we did walk away with $20 Starbucks card, Wahooo creme based frapps, $20 Target Card, $20 Subway Card, $25 Best Buy Card, a World Cup Soccer Ball, and an XBOX Car Racing game! We also had to other prizes but we gave them away. One was a bucket full of candy which we gave to some kids (Im sure their parents loved us!) and another for a Gift Card somewhere and another soccer ball. lol Darren likes to brag that he always as luck at Raffles.
Well it was a way fun night and Darren and I really enjoyed ourselves!
TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment