Header Picture

Header Picture

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Baby Signing!!!

Oh I am sooo excited! I've been working on teaching Kaiden baby sign language since he was about 8 months. At 9 months Kaiden learned to wave, which I consider a sign. lol. At 10 months he learned the sign "all done" which is like waving goodbye with both hands. Its pretty easy. At 11 months we taught him to kiss. But yesterday I taught him to use the sign "eat". And today I've taught him the sign for "candy" prolly a bad one haha and how to clap, which I also consider a sign! And both signs were learned before breakfast! After dinner tonight we taught him to use the sign for "milk"! With him learning this fast it really makes me excited and want to learn more for myself to teach to Kaiden! Its soo amazing at this age for him to pick up so much! =) The next signs I want to teach him are more, outside, and juice!
As for us, being in Omaha is an awesome vacation! Yesterday we went to the Omaha Zoo, which is huge! We had to skip a bunch of it, but it was alot of fun. And alot of exercise! Haha. But don't worry, I still got my souvenir cup like I always do when I go to the zoo! Darren's favorite animals were the rhinos, mine are the giraffes and Grandma and Kaidens were the penguins! In the penguin exhibit, they had a kids area where they could be right up to the glass and watch thte penguins swimming, Kaiden LOVED this! He was runnning up and down the aquarium following the birds. Haha. Laughing and cooing and babbling the whole way! It was way cute!
Today we plan on running a few errands and prepping for Darren's B Day which is in 3 days!!! Wahoo! When Dena asked Darren what kind of cake he wanted,his reply was Cake Bites! So I'm excited to make them with Dena and to show her how they are done! They are sooo scrumptious!
In Omaha right now they have the Body Exhibit! When they have taken a bunch of cadavers and they pose them. Its pretty gruesome especially since they skin them so you can see their muscles, but it sounds fun. My mom went when it was in Philadelphia, it tours, and she said she almost puked. Haha. So maybe we will get around to that one day!
Later in the evening, Darren took me to the movies!! We saw Inception in the IMAX theatre! We knew it was gonna be a good movie so we didnt mind spending the extra bucks to get the bigger and better screen. Wow, that movie was mind blowing! Everyone should see it!
Well we're on vacation so TTFN!

****PICS WILL BE UPDATED NEXT WEEK SO CHECK BACK*******

1 comment:

  1. You should get him Baby Einstein signs. It is so cute, I like watching it too! You need to teach him to sign 'please', so he can be super polite! :)

    ReplyDelete