Header Picture

Header Picture

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Kaiden is 11 months!!!

Today Kaiden turns 11 Months old! In one month we will be celebrating his 1st Birthday! I can't believe how fast the time has gone! Looking back it is sooo crazy to think that just 4 months ago he was learning to crawl! And only 1 month ago learned to walk! He is such a smarty pants too! He loves the stacker toy we got him and gets excited to show us how he does it! He's also a social butterfly making lots of friends at church and with any stranger we walk by at the store! lol. If he notices that a stranger is looking at him he jst gets a big grin and starts waving at them! lol. His personality is sooo cute! Last sunday he noticed a girl about 18 months or so and as most little girls at that age do, she loved to give hugs! Well Kaiden was walking over to play with her and she came running at him to give him a hug and BAM, down they went! lol. It was pretty hysterical at the time. Although the little girl was tramatized from the incident, Kaiden got himself up and tried to walk over to her again! Lol.
Kaiden has been enjoying the fruit of the summer! Blueberries are his absolute favorite. Last month we were grocery shopping and I made the mistake of letting him hold the bluberries in the cart. It all happened soo fast but he was tying to open them and they slipped out of his hands onto the floor! Oh how embarassing for me! lol. 1/2 the container of blueberries went rolling everywhere! He also loves strawberries and bananas and kiwis! I have a kiwi story but I might have to save that one! lol. He also loves string cheese! I will break it in 1/2 and give them to him and he will just naw on them until they are gone! It also turns out he likes chicken! Since we put our table in storage to have more living space, we eat either on the couch or at the bar in the kitchen. Well I was eating on the couch and Kaiden just came up and took 1/2 of my chicken breast right off of my plate! I didnt even notice it, he was so fast! When we finally realized it, he had eaten most of it! Haha!
Lately he has been kinda crazy. He is getting more teeth in and on top of that I think his schedule needs changed again. Every few months he outgrows his schedule and it takes a good 2 weeks to get him on a new one. So we will see how this month goes! lol. I love having him on a schedule! Its sooo nice to know when and how long he needs to nap for and having a consistent bedtime! I truly believe it makes for a happier baby! =)
Kadien doesn't really watch T.V. UNLESS it's Blue's Clues! It's his favorite show! I let him watch one episode everyday before his afternoon nap! =)
About 2 weeks ago I took Kaiden's Pooh Bear mini snuggle blanket and sewed a pacifier around one of the corners. It was super easy but even though I left it in his crib he has acted rather indifferent to it. Well last night he started snuggling with it! Aww he is an angel! lol. And this afternoon when he took his nap he did it again! So I snuck in and took a quick pic! lol


Here is a rough version of Kaiden's Sschedule. I say rough because it can very by an hour everyday. =)
Wake up between 7-8 am
Eat breakfast about 15 mins after waking up. Usually fruit and cereal. His favorite cereal is Lucky Charms but Im trying to convert him over to Cheerios. lol.
Morning nap starts about 9-10 am This nap lasts 1-2 hours depending on Kaiden. Mostly its an hour and a half.
Wake up from nap between 10-12
Eat lunch about 15 mins after waking up. Usually fruit, crackers, cheese.
Watch Blues Clues!!! Sometimes he watches it during his lunch sometimes after when we are playing on the floor.
Afternoon nap starts between 1-2 and lasts 1-2 hours depending on Kaiden. Usually this naptime lasts the full 2 hours!!! =)
Wake up between 3-4
Dinner around 5 ish. Usually fruit or bits of whatever we are eating. lol.
Bedtime is between 6 30-7 pm!
He also gets 6 oz milk for naps and 8 oz for bedtime and whenever he wants milk in between.
The past 3 days I've been slipping an ounce of cow's milk into his bottles and he has been reacting really well! And as far as naps go, if he's really tired he will put himself to sleep in his crib but quite often I have to cuddle him for 10 mins before he finally falls asleep. lol. But for bedtime he always puts himself to sleep! And for the past 2 weeks has been sleeping through the night again! He had been really good about sleeping through the night since 3 weeks old but at 8 months when he started teething, he would wake up once or twice a night for a bottle. It really wasn't bad just 2 mins out of my sleep but it's always hard to motivate yourself out of your bed at 2 in the morning. lol. Anyways the past few weeks he will wake up (on some nights) and cry for maybe a minute and fall right back asleep! He is such an easy baby. He rests good through the night so he can use all of his wild and crazy energy throughout the day! He is a go-er!

No comments:

Post a Comment