Header Picture

Header Picture

Sunday, May 20, 2012

My Marvelous Mother's Day!

First of all, Darren is sooo awesome! He totally spoils me as a wife and mother! I always look forward to holidays, because he really goes ALL OUT  for me! I just love that man! Which is good, because I'm pretty much stuck with him for FOREVER! =D







Being a mom has been fun and challenging. Everyday I think I get a little better at it. lol. I feel so lucky to have my 2 wonderful boys. I often wonder what Darren and I did to deserve the best boys ever! They really are the greatest! Kaiden is so kind and helpful and nurturing, I know he is going to make a great husband and father one day! He is always the first one over to a child who gets hurt and to smother them in kisses and hugs and ask "are you okay!?" He is such a sweetheart! and Jaxton is just our little doll! He is getting alot more "busy" and is even choosing to walk more and more everday. lol. He gets everyone to fall in love with him immediatley. I think it's his soft eyes and big smile that really ropes the people in! I can't wait to see his little personality develop! I just love being a mom! It's the best job ever!

And now, on to my Mother's Day Weekend!!!!
When I was 16 I lived in Dallas! Dallas, being a BIG city, always has really cool faires and carnivals and things to do. It also helps the weather is super nice practically year round! Anyways, my friend took my to a Renaissance Faire. I know, kinda dorky, but it was ALOT of fun, and those memories have stuck with me! So a few days ago I thought, "Omaha is a big city! I wonder if they ever get a Renaissance Faire!" So I looked it up and they did and coincidentally it was for that weekend ONLY! (Mother's Day weekend!) So I somehow talked Darren into going on saturday. He really didn't want to go, and I thought he might turn around and make a run for it as soon as the parking attendent said "Good Marrow! How faire thee?" haha! That's actually why I kinda like this stuff! The actors! I guess it's the thespian in me! lol.

(I want this SOOOOOOO BAD! It's a tire horse on a zip line! Kaiden had soooo mcuh funn!)

What exactly is a Renaissance Fair you ask!? Well there are a ton of actors/ actresses who dress up and walk around the park in character, there are booths of delicious fair foods, there are booths where people try to sell you all kinds of nick nacks, there are several stages with tons of shows going on, and there are games! The shows were pretty awesome and kept us entertained for the 6 hours we were there. They had a magician show, they had a few scripted theater shows, they had a few different dancing shows, they had a real blacksmith there,  and woodcarvers, but my faves were a tie between the Jousting show and the Juggler!!


 Kaiden thought it was pretty cool to see to knights on horseback run at each other with sticks! They told you who the knight you should cheer is and we got really into it! lol. Sadly, our knight, Sir Mathew, lost. But only because he was pulling illegal moves, such as this, and losing points! lol


We also thought the juggler was pretty good too! On top of him having some pretty funny jokes, he had a great act and even breathed/ ate fire! (Look him up on youtube! Crazy Boy Coy!)


The actors would also just walk through the streets and perform shows right in front of you! It was great!

On top of all THAT they had a HUGE pirate ship (see photo above! Does that attractive man on the pirate ship look familar!? Its Darren! Watching the show from a pirate ship! Haha!) the kids could play on and a HUMONGO play area with about 6 different jungle gyms! Kaiden was in HEAVEN! It's no surprise really that we stayed for a good 6 hours! The weather was so perfect! It was actually a touch chilly so I was pretty excited to have Kaiden wear his long sleeve shirt that says "I'd rather be a dragon!" All the actors got a kick out of his shirt!
After our really fun, but really long day, we got back and I started getting the desserts ready! We were planning on having a fun dinner party at Dena's house and his brother and his family came down for weekend so it was going to be a big shin dig! I thought it would be fun to make all of the mom's their favorite dessert, so Darren and I were up until midnight baking! =D
On sunday, Mothers Day, it was Darren and I's first day as Nursery Leaders! Yup, we now officially belong and contribute to our ward! Most people tell us "sorry" or "that sucks" but I think we're pretty excited for the opportunity! And I love that it is a couple's calling! Darren also mentioned he will be thankful for the calling and the extra time he will get to spend with Kaiden as soon as school starts and his schedule gets more strict. I already have sooo many ideas I can't wait to try out with these adorable kids!
Mother's Day dinner was a huge success, and the "dessert buffet" went over really well! When we got home Darren gave me my gift, on top of the Renaissance Fair, he got me a gift card to a spa!!! EEK! I'm soooooo excited to go! Now I just have to decide if I want a facial, manicure, pedicure or massage!!! Oh decisions, decisions!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment