Header Picture

Header Picture

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

To Salt Lake for Some Birthdays!

Well my mom called us last thursday to invite us to a Birthday dinner at my Aunt Stacie's Sunday night. My sister Ashlea, My brother Derek and my cousin Eric all have birthdays within 2 weeks! I let Darren know but seriously didn't think he would say "yes" or that we would be leaving the next morning! I was so excited! I'm really glad we went because I felt really bad for missing my brother's first MMA fight! He won, no surprise there! And he loves fighting for his team, FightKing!
Kaiden was beyond ready to go off to Grammy's house! He packed all that he thought he would need, Pooh and Roo! lol
Jaxton was getting ready for Grammy too, by working on his smiles! Not that it's hard for this guy!
We arrived about 5 pm and got settled in.
My sister Ashlea drove up from Spanish Fork to spend the night and see us.
Darren and I had to go the store for a late night Milk run. It was then I decided Darren and I can not go shopping past 11 pm ever again! We bought way more than we were planning including ALL of the Harry Potter movies on a whim!! I guess we'll just put those babies under the tree, if we can wait that long!
I was asked to make Cake Bites, I doubt I'll have any future visits to SLC that won't include making those sweet treats! Haha! My brother is a HUGE Bubblegum fan. Not specifically the candy, but more of the flavoring. He loves Bubblegum Ice Cream so I figured I'd make him some Birthday Bubblegum Cupcakes. WOW, they turned out FANTASTIC!
I baked for a bit Saturday morning and then we headed to the Living Planet Aquarium in Sandy, but not before meeting up with my brother and his kiddo, Sadie!
Kaiden loves having his cousin around. However I think she quickly got annoyed of him "RAWRing" in her face. lol
In the car to the Aquarium!!!!!!
Poor Jaxton had some shots friday morning before we left town, and he was SOOOOOO sick the entire trip. Poor lil guy!
We all had a great time at the aquarium! I think Kaiden's favorite part was getting to touch lots of the little sea animals, like starfish, stingrays, anemones, etc!
Playing with the stingrays!
Turtle!!
Jaxton was just content being parked nest to the giant fish tank! lol
After playing there for a few hours, we went to the mall to play for a bit. Darren was so sweet and bought me some chocolates from my very favorite sweets shop, See's Candies! One day I will live next door to one of these! While at the mall, my sister called to tell us she and her beau Coby would be meeting up with us! We were pretty excited but I bet you can guess how excited we were when we saw a PINK ROCK on her finger!
So of course we had to celebrate with food and to the Olive Garden we all went! lol. My family has a sick food obsession, Im seriously surprised we are all as small as we are! Saturday was a GREAT day! Sunday was good too though. In fact Elder Tom Perry is in my mom's ward and we got to visit with him and his wife for a bit after church in their home! They are such sweet people! We enjoyed being with my Aunt Stacie and the whole fam! We only stayed at the dinner for about 2 hours and headed back on the road. The plan was to drive straight home, but Jaxton had a blow out about 30 minutes from Grandma Joyce's so we were only going to stay for 15 minutes and ended up spending the night. lol. We love that lady! Kaiden is so much easier to watch at other people's homes now. So glad he grew out of that super crazy and destructive phase. The next morning we went and saw Rod and Darla. They loved seeing the boys and it was fun to chat over some caramel apples!
And so ended our totally spontaneous trip! lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment