Header Picture

Header Picture

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Brotherly Love

So Jaxton is 6 1/2 months now and I've been meaning to give him his Half Birthday check in for about 2 weeks now. What can we say? We love the lil stinker! He is a way chill kid.
Kaiden does most of the entertaining for him, in fact Jaxton PREFERS watching and playing with his brother over his parents. HOWEVER, he only likes to be fed bottles by his mom or on his own! And this boy LOVES to eat. Jaxton loves eating, but not so much baby food.
He prefers to feed himself. We usually use a "mesh feeder" and put fresh or frozen fruit in it and let him gnaw away.
He throws a fit when his food is all gone. Kaiden was the same although he ate much less. Jaxton has been great, he puts himself to sleep! Half the time he falls asleep in your arms while you feed him and the other half of the time you just lay him down when he's sleepy and he does the rest. What a breeze! When we are out and he is tired he won't let anyone hold him, he just wants to be put in his carseat and fall asleep on his own!!! How sweet is that!?
He takes several naps ranging from 45 minutes to 3 hours and goes to bed at 7 pm. He wakes about 1-2 times a night. This is strange because Kaiden always slept through the night. At least he is never awake for more than 2 minutes either time. I'm thinking he will be beaking teeth soon because he loves to gnaw on EVERYTHING, but mostly our fingers! He can't crawl yet but he does something similar on his back. He will bridge up and scoot, so I guess you can say he's mobile! Jaxton loves rolling over, you can hardly keep the boy on his back. Diaper changes have become quite the circus act as he bridges and scoots out of his diaper and then tries to roll around. Haha.
He, like his brother LOVES the Jumperoo, He throws fits to get into it! What a great investment! We have a few nicknames for the boy, "Little Boy Blue," "Baby Jax," "Jaxxy Poo," "Goo Goo," "Goo Goo Bear," but mostly he goes by "Baby," or "Baby Brother!" He rarely gets called Jaxton, which is a shame because it is an awesome name! lol. We just love having him in our family and can't imagine life without him!
Now to Kaiden.... what can we say about our lil Sour Patch Kid!? I always joke that we MUST have a crazy toddler because our friends with toddlers have said so. He is a mess maker and finds even the nastiest of things to play in. We HAVE to put him to bed in zip up jammies with safety pins because he will unzip them, take his diaper off and play in his own poop ANY chance he gets. Although he has a wild side he also has a very sweet side. His smile and laughter really get ya. I actually let him get away with alot because of his sweet smile.He goes to bed at 8 pm and wakes at 7:30 without fail. He takes 1, 2-3 hour nap still which is great! I usually use that time to get some caft projects done. And most days Jaxton takes a nap during the same time, which is a little piece of heaven!
He has 2 best friends, Carter and Autumn! I'm so lucky to be in a ward with girls that are so cute and so much fun and have little kids that are my kids age! We get together often for play groups and to hang out! Kaiden is an extremley social kid, which makes me happy! He has no fear going up to other kids, saying "hi" and playing with them! He can sometimes be a bully and be possessive over his toys but I think that's normal toddler stuff. One day I took Kaiden to McDonald's to play and I saw Kaiden push a kid so hard the kid, who was a foot taller than Kaiden, fell right on his back. He got a time out for it, but I gotta admit it was impressive. Kaiden has been play Boxing with Darren, so I assume that's where he got it from. Haha. Kaiden LOVES putting gloves on to Box! Kaiden's favorite movie at the moment is Monsters Inc., so it's not uncommon for Kaiden to go up to random kids and RAWR in their faces, quite loudly. lol. This cracks me up! He also has an evil laugh, which is hilarious! It's something lik e"Muahahahaha!" lol. He has grown up so much. He plays with toys longer and will sit down and watch a 20 minute show! His favorite cartoon at the moment is The Backyardigans!
If I had to guess Kaiden's "favorite" thing it would be anything with wheels that moves or that moves him. He gets so excited when an airplane flies over our house or when he sees a train! lol. His favorite toy is the 4-Wheeler right now because he thinks it's a Monster Truck. He's even tried to drive over the baby like Monster Trucks drive over beater cars. Of course Jaxton was jsut laughing! haha! Kaiden gets a kick out of getting his brother to crack up!
Kaiden's favorite food is Mac N Cheese! And anything I bake! His other daily staple is chocolate milk! He probably asks for it 5 times a day! lol. Kaiden is a lil daredevil and LOVES to count to 3 and jump off our couch. It has been great to see him breaking the language barrier! He puts sentences together and has A LOT less melt downs now that he can just explain what he wants/ what he's upset about. Kaiden-roo LOVES helping out! If I'm baking or sewing or cleaning he HAS to be right up in my project helping me as I go. Last night I was letting him press on my foot pedal as I was sewing our Christmas stockings. He had a blast. lol
I have a few videos I need to upload so check back soon!
TTFN!

1 comment:

  1. Your boys are getting so big! And they are so adorable! I love reading your blog and seeing all the fun stuff you guys do!

    ReplyDelete