So I know this post is kinda late, but my Blogger has been having issues uploading pictures but I know these need to get published now, with or without pictures for the moment. lol
It's funny because for Darren's past Birthdays we've been at his parent's house, so this year was the first year I had to do it all by myself. lol.
I just LOVE Birthdays. As tradition, I made him stay up until midnight so I could be the very first to wish him a Happy Birthday. This is my favorite tradition. lol.
I love making birthdays extra, EXTRA special. I start asking Darren how he wants his day and menu to be like. Most of the time he says "it's okay, whatever you make will be delicious." lol. I guess being a good cook is good, right? However this year, he asked me to make a breakfast burrito with homemade salsa. Well I didn't have all the ingredients for it, so I told him to sleep in that morning and Kaiden and I ran to the store. We came back with a bit more than food. lol. Like a beautiful balloon bouqet.
I quickly got home and decorated the kitchen for him. Then I started on his breakfast., which turned out pretty delicious looking.
And right after breakfast was cleaned up, I started on Darren's Birthday Cake. This year Darren chose Cake Bites for his birthday cake again. He is the Cake Bite Monster. lol. They are time consuming little buggers, so I have to start on them early.
For most of the day he just studied his LSATs, I know pretty boring, but it was the Birthday Boy's wishes. So I took the kiddos outside to give him some extra quiet.
Also, following the Birthday Boy's wishes, he got his Birthday Cake after lunch. I guess he just couldn't wait. lol. I decorated his "cake" pretty cute.
It's funny because for Darren's past Birthdays we've been at his parent's house, so this year was the first year I had to do it all by myself. lol.
I just LOVE Birthdays. As tradition, I made him stay up until midnight so I could be the very first to wish him a Happy Birthday. This is my favorite tradition. lol.
I love making birthdays extra, EXTRA special. I start asking Darren how he wants his day and menu to be like. Most of the time he says "it's okay, whatever you make will be delicious." lol. I guess being a good cook is good, right? However this year, he asked me to make a breakfast burrito with homemade salsa. Well I didn't have all the ingredients for it, so I told him to sleep in that morning and Kaiden and I ran to the store. We came back with a bit more than food. lol. Like a beautiful balloon bouqet.
I quickly got home and decorated the kitchen for him. Then I started on his breakfast., which turned out pretty delicious looking.
And right after breakfast was cleaned up, I started on Darren's Birthday Cake. This year Darren chose Cake Bites for his birthday cake again. He is the Cake Bite Monster. lol. They are time consuming little buggers, so I have to start on them early.
For most of the day he just studied his LSATs, I know pretty boring, but it was the Birthday Boy's wishes. So I took the kiddos outside to give him some extra quiet.
Also, following the Birthday Boy's wishes, he got his Birthday Cake after lunch. I guess he just couldn't wait. lol. I decorated his "cake" pretty cute.
I may use this idea in the future if he continues to ask for Cake Bites for his Cake.
The rest of the day was spent with more LSAT studying and whatever Darren wanted to do. Now you're probably wondering what he got for his present, right? Well, it seems that Darren and I can never wait patiently for our birthday gifts so he actually got his in July. lol. He chose to get an Android phone. His excuse was "its for the business" but he is using it as his personal phone. lol. The reason he uses the "business excuse" is because you can get a free credit car reader attachment which will make collecting money from boots a TON easier for him. The old way was to call up the card numbers and enter them in which took a few minutes and often got disrupted by other incoming customers. So he is a pretty happy boy.
Well thats how Darren chose to spend his Birthday. It didn't look like much fun to me, with all the studying, but he said it was great. lol.
Well, TTFN.
No comments:
Post a Comment