Header Picture

Header Picture

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Kaiden's Birthday and Party!!!!

2 years ago we were blessed with a very special boy. A very blue eyed, blonde haired little boy. A very busy, smart, wonderful boy. A very happy boy, whose smiles and laughs are highly contagious. And we love him dearly! This year we decided, okay it was mostly me, to have a little party for the kid who has given us so much happiness.



The Invites


I went with the Yo Gabba Gabba theme because that's what he is into right now. And its a pretty cool show! I had to start party planning 2 weeks in advance to order most of the stuff. It turns out, the internet was the only place I could find Yo Gabba Gabba stuff. Darren was a sport through the whole thing. He didn't give me a spending limit for the party or anything and HE suggested getting a bouncy house. Crazy, right!? It made me happy he wanted to get involved. =)


So once I ordered everything I waited for it all to arrive. This was so fun, it was like having a little bit of Christmas everyday for 1 week! lol.

3 days before the party I put the party bags together.



The party bags included Pop Its, Kazoos, 2 inch Bouncy Balls, Mini Water Guns, Yo Gabba Gabba Silly Bandz, and those things that you pull the string and confetti flies out. lol I just put all of Kaiden's favorite things into a bag for everyone.






I even printed out a new Yo Gabba Gabba label for the snaps to make them look like they were for kids. lol And to match the party of course!



Much more kid friendly right? lol. I had LOTS of people tell me they were the COOLEST party bags they had EVER had. lol. And we still see the kids out in our neighborhood playing with these toys.


I also started on the water balloons. I bought 600-700 water balloons so I figured I'd better work on them whenever I had the chance.



2 days before the party I baked Kaiden's miniature 4 inch, double layer cake and sent it over to my neighbor, Heather, to get decorated super cute. I also made the chocolate surprise cupcakes. I spent the rest of the day making 1 1/2 batches of cake bites. I believe I made 110. WHEW! What work!! I also worked on more water balloons!


1 day before the party I made the vanilla/ chocolate chip surprise cupcakes, I made the buttercream frosting, and frosted ALL of the cupcakes. I think I did a pretty good job.




This was so fun. I even bought Yo Gabba Gabba rings to decorate the tops. I like to think Cupcakes are "my thing." lol. I've even told Darren when we get a little girl her room will be decorated in Cupcakes. Ive already found the bedding! haha.




The rest of the cupcakes were a yellow and orange two tone.

I also made 2 batches of Grandma Gae's sugar cookies and my friend Melissa was awesome enough to help roll out and cut out the dough for me. Then we frosted the cookies and applied these specially made edible images to them. (Its not rice paper, its actually a special paper that absorbs into the frosting. Its pretty cool.)



And ta da. Yo Gabba Gabba Sugar Cookies.

That night Darren helped me fill up the rest of the water balloons. We had 4 laundry baskets filled with them! Poor Darren even cut his finger from tying so many.


Kaiden's BIRTHDAY!

After 2 weeks of prep work Kaiden's Birthday finally arrived! He got up early and Darren watched the boys while I ran and got balloons and a few very last minute party supplies. Kaiden was super stoked when I brought in all 16 balloons. lol. It was so cute to see him so happy on his day!



While he played with the balloons I whipped up a very special batch of birthday pancakes! (Birthday pancakes are pancakes with chocolate chips and jimmy sprinkles in them. Kinda like funfetti pancakes. lol) Kaiden ate those right up!



I popped in the Birthday episode of Yo Gabba Gabba in for Kaiden while we got the party stuff together and loaded up into the car.



Now what's a toddlers birthday without a microphone!?


Our townhome development is really cool. It has 3 seperate play ground areas. We chose to set up the party at the very front. It had the biggest play ground, access to the clubhouse for the bathrooms and had a cute little pavillion where we planned to set up the table of food.

Darren left at 12:30 with Kaiden to meet up with the Bounce House fellow. That way Kaiden could have 30 minutes to bounce by himself. I loaded up my car with the goodies and got Jaxton ready and we headed on down as well.

My mom, Derek, Ashlea and Mercedes drove up just in time to get the table put together and decorated.


The Sweet Set Up.



The Birthday Cake

My good friend Candice and her family even drove up from Pocatello to come!!! She has a cute little boy who is just 1 month younger than Kaiden. Candice and I had lots of fun being pregnant together. lol



It was so cute to see these boys together!


We couldn't believe the turn out! We have made lots of friends living ALL over Rexburg for 3 years. lol. We even had a good turn out of some nursery kids from our current AWESOME ward. I believe there were about about 15 toddlers, 7 babies and somewhere around 34 adults.

The kids LOVED it ALL! The bounce house, the food, we even bought a bubble machine and the kids went crazy over that.



I believe the highlight of the day were the water balloons though. We put them on top of this lil hill and filled a mini pool with all 4 of the baskets we had. It took us about 2 1/2 hours to fill those puppies up and with 15 kiddos, it took less than 10 minutes to demolish them all. Im just glad they all had fun though. =)







For Kaiden's cake we didn't even bother rounding everyone up to sing, I didnt want to interupt the kid's fun, but most wandered over as soon as they heard us singing. Kaiden LOVES blowing out candles and did a super amazing job of it. He kept asking us to re-light them so he could do it all over and over and over again. lol




The party was only 2 hours which went by really fast, but I guess thats because I've been planning for it for so long. lol. Kaiden seemed to enjoy himself which is all that mattered.


Kaiden was rarely seen without a cookie in hand. lol


Ashlea playing with Jaxton.


Kaiden and Sadie in the bounce house.


Derek, Ashlea and my mom...... and baby girl Tailyn.

Im so glad my family was there because clean up was a breeze. When we got home we unloaded all the presents and let Kaiden open them all up. Boy, did he have fun! And he got some way cool stuff! Here are a few of his favorites.


A dinosaur puzzle and the game Elefun.


A Mater toy that you push and it blows out bubbles.


A car that dances and drives itself. Another one of his favorites is a small wagon he pulls around.

While in the midst of present opening, we got a surprise visit from Darren's grandparents! (Glen and Kathy!) Darren and I were seriously in shock, we had no idea they were coming! lol. It was so great to see them and to have them here on our son's big day.




The rest of the day Kaiden spent playing with his new toys and his cousin Mercedes. Grandma put him down for bed and then she and the rest of my family headed on home to Salt Lake. We wish they could have lingered longer, but we we're happy they drove up to spend the day with us.







The Day After....
We made sure to save Kaiden's cake so he could blow out his candles for his Gma and Gpa Romriell. I was really hoping Kaiden would just DIVE right into his cake but he didnt really want much to do with it. All he wanted was Gma Gae's Sugar Cookies. lol. How like his dad he is.




The poor kid did not not what to do with it. lol. Im sure it was traumatizing to eat his favorite Yo Gabba Gabba character. lol


So Darren jumped in to show him how it was done. lol.

We even let Kaiden open their presents to him. One of which was a pair of pants. Back story: Kaiden LOVES money. He finds it ALL around the house and stuffs it into his pockets. Im pretty sure Im one of the very few moms who have to check their two year old's pants for change when doing the laundry. So of course when he tried on the pants he asked why there wasn't any money in them. lol. It was pretty hysterical. This boy cracks us up. I can't wait for the many more smiles he will put on our faces.
Happy Birthday to our handsome boy, Kaiden-roo!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment