Header Picture

Header Picture

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Ashlea's Wedding, Our 4 Year Anniversary, Youth Conference and Pt 1 of Father's Day!

How about that title!!!?! Needless to say we've been pretty busy lately! Jaxton and I started off the month of June flying out to Salt Lake for my sister's wedding!

I wasn't sure how he would do on the plane, but he far and surpassed ANYTHING I could have hoped! He LOVED the plane! He would wave and throw smiles at anyone sitting around us. Then he would ask to be held, so my child was getting passed around the plane! lol. The flight home I was more nervous about because we were arriving home at 11 pm, but AGAIN he surpassed my expectations, by sleeping the WHOLE flight! What a champ!
Salt Lake was sooo much fun and was kinda a mini Michael Family Reunion! My grandparents rented out a mansion for everyone to stay at, but Jaxton and I stayed at Grammy Carries house!
 We all had so much fun catching up and being with family! I havnt seen most of these guys since last June!! There is just nothing like being around family! Ashlea's wedding was beautiful and I was so excited that I was able to make it and be there for her on her BIG day! I hope they have all the happiness they can ever imagine comes out of marriage, PLUS some! lol. =D
At the rehearsal luncheon! How cute! In less than 24 hrs they would be man and wife!


The glowing bride! Getting ready to walk down the isle in an hour!

The handsome groom hours before tieing the knot!

Just look at that beautifully fitted, Victorian style wedding dress! What a beautiful bride! I wonder whose silly baby that is with choclate all over his face! lol

Just 2 days after Jaxton and I got back from Salt Lake, Darren and I were signed up to be Youth Conference Parents for our stake! It was such a beautiful and spiritual experience! It's no secret I would love to one day be in Young Women's so I was beyond THRILLED to be out with the youth for the weekend! I don't think Darren and I could have ever imagined how attached we would get to our 5 "kids" in such a short time! The youth here are sooo amazing and are so spiritually strong, it is just amazing to have gotten to know these kids! Darren and I were pretty popular with a lot of kids that weren't even in our group so really it was no surprise to us that they asked us to be parents again next year for a Trek through Wyoming! Darren and I would love to go if things can work out again!!!

Youth Conference ended saturday afternoon, and saturday was acutally our 4 year anniversary!!! Wahooo!!!! I am seriously married to the hottest, smartest and all around the most WONDERFUL guy ever! Our personalities jsut compliment each other's soooo well! Of course I KNOW I'm the LUCKIEST girl in the world! And it's a plus we make adorable kids! We actullay celebrated our anniversary the night before we left for youth conference by going out to P.F. Changs! YUM! Also, Darren and I are planning a mini vacation/ get away next month! Darren has his 10 year high school reunion in Kansas City, so we are flying out, renting a car and staying in hotels! It's going to be soooo fun!!!! Hooray for a weekend ALL about US! =D


The reason we celebrated our anniversary early was because that sunday was Father's Day but because Darren's brother's family was in town we had to had the dinner a night before so they could get home. Dena made a wonderful dinner and it was an enjoyable evening for all of us!!! I had my own Fathers Day Dinner planned up my sleeve but I was going to wait a week because my Dad was coming into town the following week!!!! YAY! I'm devoting the whole next post to his visit! I am so lucky to have had such a great dad and such a great husband who is such a great dad to my very handsome boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment