Header Picture

Header Picture

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Grampa Mark in Omaha!

Let's be honest, since my dad is a pilot, he has been EVERYWHERE! And of course he's been to Omaha SEVERAL times throughout his pilot career, so I was determined to show him a side of Omaha he hasn't seen before!
Grampa Mark arrived late Saturday night, so sunday morning was super exciting for the boys! It was like waking up for Christmas, they just love their Grampa Mark! After church we had the kids play outside in the water, which they LOVE! They were so fun to watch!


After a hard afternoon's play, I made us all a quick snack and sent the boys OFF to the College World Series Baseball Game! It's only been one of my Dad's dreams to go!
 He is a HUGE Baseball fan and even got a scholarship to BYU for Baseball! Other than flying airplanes, baseball is his favorite! And Darren was more than happy to accompany him at the game! Apparently they scored amazing seats! (knowing my dad, he wouldn't have gotten anything but the best! lol) My dad says next year he wants to go to EVERY game! We'll see what happens! All I know is, they had a BLAST!
 Monday we spent ALL day at the zoo! Which my boys think is their second home now! lol.
 After the zoo, Grampa treated us all to some ice cream at Culver's which is my new favorite ice cream joint around here! YUMMMMMM! Jaxton has the BEST ice-cream face! lol.

And for dinner that night I had planned our very own Father's Day Dinner with the theme "Super Dad!" Because our dad's are so amazing they can be called Superheroes!
 I had so much fun planning out the meal, decorating and shopping for it! =D
Just look at that delicious menu!!!!

 Kaiden liked the kazoos the most! I think he tried to use it asw a vaccuum to eat his food! lol
 After the wonderful Superhero dinner, I had secretly planned for a babysitter to watch our kids so I could take the Super Dad's to a movie! Can you guess which one!? The Avengers of course!!! It was great and the best part was that my dad stayed awake the WHOLE time! haha! What a fun night!

 Tuesday morning we got up early and walked down to the Botanical Gardens! We've only been once before and although we spent an hour there, we had maybe only seeen half! So this time we made a point to see what everyone around here talks about, the trains!!!!!!!!!
 All I can say is this train track is HUGE and has several different trains running all around! The kids loved it and it was so much fun to watch!!  Above is a replica of the Omaha skyline! I wasn't kidding when I said it was SMALL! lol There is the Woodmen Building, the Union Pacific Building and a bank building, the name of which I've forgotten already. =D
 CHOOOOOOO CHOOOOOOOOOO right above our heads!!!
 The whole track was made of wood! And all the buildings around it were also hand carved out of wood! So beautiful!

For lunch that day we went to the Amazing Piza Machine! Darren had still never been there so it was time! We all had a fun time! And the food isn't great but it's pretty decent for the type of place it is!
 I'm pretty sure we all had a great time, I mean we spent 3 and a half hours there that day! lol And Kaiden cried when we had to leave. He is our little adrenaline junkie!
 Grampa Mark and Kaiden raced Darren on the track! Kaiden really gets a kick out of this!

And EARLY wednesday my dad had to leave. It was so sad because Kaiden woke up looking for his Grampa and when he couldn't find him, he snuggled up to Darren and had a few tears roll down his sweet little cheeks! Poor kid REALLY gets attached to Grampa every time he comes! On a plus side, Grampa may be coming back in August to go to the Iowa State Fair with us!!!! YIPPEEEEEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment