My family came up friday night and left monday morning so it was a rather short trip. Oh and did I mention our oven died thursday night!? We had to use our neighbors, who recently moved out, the whole time because the part we need has to be ordered in and can take a week or more! But all of my food turned out great and we all ate until we were sick!
On Christmas Eve the boys all headed up to Grand Targhee to play in the snow! Ash and I stayed home to wrap presents, cook, bake and watch the little boys! The fellas had a lot of fun on the slopes and were exhausted when they got home. lol. I'm do gald Darren got to snowboard this year because it might be the last time he gets to in Idaho! And he loves it so much!

Christmas was so great! I knew it would be because the night before I let the boys open up their Christmas jammies and a book, "Twas the Night Before Christmas!"

The boys loved tearing the wrapping and looked so cute in their matchy jammers! My dad did the honors of reading the book. kaiden snuggled up to his Grandpa for the story and passed out half way through. Cutest thing ever! I read a story to the kid EVERY night and he has never fallen asleep while I was reading. lol

Santa came that night and he brought with him LOTS of presents! More than half for the boys! lol. I was so excited that I woke up at 7 am and waited for Kaiden at the bottom of the stairs for an hour! lol. While waiting for the boys to wake up we all went through our stockings!
(Darren is the Big Buck! And he knows it! lol)

Finally Kaiden woke up all sleepy and confused as to why we were waiting for him and why there was so many wrapped presents laying around.lol. Kaiden opened his first present and just wanted to play with it, we had to coax him into opening another and then of course he wanted to play with that and then we;d have to coax him into opening another and that's how our morning went!
(Later we watched a Cowboy movie and Kaiden spent the whole movie on his horse! lol)

Kaiden's very favorite toys are ride ons, so my dad got him a big wheel! It was his favoritem by far! He got a fun toy with locks, doors, and keys, a zoo playset, a dino matching game, TONS of tub toys, a rocking horse, movies, clothes, a new car seat to sit more upright and more!
Jaxton got a really fun gumball machine toy, a super cool kaleidodisc toy (which was super hard to find since the company is in England!), tub toys, a cute lilttle puppy that plays lullabies and lots more!
(Kaiden thinks he got a double Christmas, because he thinks he's entitled to all of the babies toys as well!)
Darren got an electric razor, the game Call of Duty WW3 for his XBOX, TONS of clothes, movies and more! I got TONS of stuff for my pink kitchen, a new laptop (remember back in October!), movies, LOTS of clothes, a cute cupcake tray, fuzzy slippers and much more!
(Jaxton has been teething recently. No teeth yet, but he is super fussy and really sleepy all the time. Poor kid. He is usually really happy go lucky and extremley gentle and sweet!)

We also scored on great gifts for the fam including 2 Blu- Ray Players, 2 Portable 9 in. DVD Players for the car, (this was a double whammy because I got to make
this case!) a digital photo frame, some games and movies and a new living room set!!!!
Wow, we totally scored! I guess we were REALLY good this year! lol
(The boys enjoying some Pop Rocks! lol)

The best part was spending it with the family! Our family tradition is to get a ton of movies on Christmas and sit around and watch them all day while snacking on junk food! So of course we kept the tradition alive! And then, everyone passed out! Haha!

Between you and me, one of the VERY BEST Christmas Presents this year was this!!!! No snow!!! And super sunny too! It's nice enough to go outside with just a hoodie on! I'm guessing this is Rexburg's goodbye gift to us! It's been like this for weeks! =D Hey, we'll take it!!!!
I was so sad to see my family go, but I'm sure they were beyond ready because our 2 little guys can be quite the crazies! lol.
What a great Christmas!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment