Back in July our current Bishop gave all the couples in our ward a list of fun date/ romantical gesture ideas. The point is to cut them all out and put them in a jar. And once a week, for us its Sunday, we each draw one of them and do it for the other. It has been A LOT of fun and even after three years of marriage, we are still learning lots about each other. We've been doing this for months but this past weeks activities were notable enough to share. lol This past week my paper said to hide a candy bar for Darren each day with a note. Of course I went with candies like Big Hunk, Sugar Daddy, etc. lol. It was fun because I spent less than $5 on candy and it put a smile on his face ALL week. He even looked forward to finding them each day. I kept wondering when Darren would pop out my surprise. I waited and waited annnnnnnnd waited until finally saturday night arrived. I had just put the kiddos to sleep and was relaxing on the couch. Darren joined me for awhile and then all of a sudden jumped up and said "our date night begins!" All I could say was "are you crazy? Its 9 pm. Do you even have a sitter?" Not my usually optimistic self but by 9 pm Im pretty tuckered out. He said he had taken care of it and we walked out the front door, then to this side of our townhouse building where he had parked his truck and had put our air mattress in the back with blankets and pillows.
I was super excited and as I got closer I noticed the bouquet of flowers! With Star Gazer Lilies, my favorite,as he well knows. lol We jumped up into the bed of his truck and he pulls out a bag. With....... drum roll........ Chocolate Raspberry Milano Cookies, a thermos of Homemade Hot Chocolate, and........... probably my top favorite candy, a bag full of Mini Midnight Milkways. Talk about taking a girl's breath away. lol.
He continued to tell me his paper was to plan a date night under the stars. See those Midnight Milkyways and Star Gazer Lillies coincidentally got to have double meanings. lol.
Right behind our building is a giant wheat field so it almost felt like we were in nowhere.... even though our house was just twenty feet away. lol He pulled out his Smartphone and opened a Constellation application and we spent the next hour finding constellations across the night sky. It was so cute and so much fun!
And just as he was about to pull out his laptop so we could catch a flick, our baby monitor went off. Jaxton had woken up. So we moved the movie into our room and snuggled our little baby back down to bed. I was so taken aback at how much planning and thoughtfulness Darren had put into our special date night. I love him so sooooo much!
Ahhh, so cute, sounds like a perfect date night! Nice work Darren. I need to get that list from you sounds like such a fun idea!
ReplyDelete