June 16th is Darren and I's anniversary! yay!!! It was a really nice and relaxing day the only thing I would have changed, if I could have, would have been the weather. lol. (I cant believe its still cold in the middle of June!) I talked Darren into sleeping in! (Since Kaiden has been in his toddler bed he goes to bed between 8-9 pm and wakes up at 9 am. I dont know how I feel about that yet....) It was nice to just snuggle with my honey for a few extra hours! Until Kaiden woke up and then he joined us in bed and we all watched Jimmy Neutron for a bit. It was a great family cuddle time in mom and dad's bed! Then Darren left for school and I thought I'd take Kaiden to the park! As I walked outside to load up the kids in the car, I turned right on around. It was freezing! Of course you can't say the "buh bye" word around Kaiden without actually taking him somewhere. He throws a fit and looks so sad and is just down right depressed until we leave. So I grabbed our hoodies and we ventured to Wal-mart. lol. Where I found some awesome Winnie the Pooh fabric! Right now Kaiden is sleeping on a harder mattress thats ideal for newborns and babies and we just ordered him a new softer mattress and a toddler pillow! So I decided I would sew him a new bedding set! I always get so excited and pumped when I start a new project! The best part is that Ive seen the exact same fabric at Porter's for double the price! Yay for saving!
When Darren got back from school we decided we better take Kaiden back outside to get his wiggles out! He's gotten way too used to going to the park everday! lol But since the weather was still cold we took him to a Playplace and chilled for an hour or so. Afterwards we were passing by this burgers and shakes placec called Sammy's. Ive always wanted to eat there but always forget its here. So we ate there for dinner (it was okay) and ordered their famous shakes for dessert! Ohhhhhhh my goodness! Their shakes are DELICIOUS! I ordered the Red Velevet Cupcake shake and they honestly throw a WHOLE cupcake, frosting and ALL into a blender with vanilla ice cream. Wow! That cannot be healthy but it was sure scrumptious! lol I'll be taking my dad, a fellow Red Velvet Cake lover here next time he visits!
When we got home we put Kaiden down for bed and Darren began packing for his fishing/camping trip. He was planning on leaving the next morning with his brother Skyler. Like I said, it was just a nice relaxing day! I loved it! And I love my honey!
While Darren Was Gone.....
on his fishing/ camping trip, the boys and I went on our own adventure to the great Idaho Falls. This was the first time I have taken the boys by myself to IF and I love and appreciate my double stroller ALL the more! I had to exchange a frame, apparently NO ONE prints 3x5's anymore???? And it was part of Darrens Fathers Day present so I needed it ASAP. And since I had ALL day, I figured I would look around at the fabric stores in town to see if I could find anything to go with Kaidens bedding set I'm working on. We spent about 4 hours in town before heading home! And we visited lots of different stores. I was really proud of Kaiden for how well behaved he was, but then again, he loves being in his stroller. lol. We missed Darren TONS and were sure glad he came back safe saturday afternoon!
No comments:
Post a Comment