Header Picture

Header Picture

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Time is flying by!

So heres what been going on at our house lately:

Kaiden- has been as active and crazy as ever! ANd climbing on EVERYTHING. Not to mention he is cutting some more molars which has its ups and downs. He spends half the day cuddled up with me on the couch! Yay! And the other half crying and throwing tantrums over every little thing. The poor kid. I wish there was more you could do for a teething toddler! Becuase of his teething he's been on a hunger strike. He rarely eats anything and when I ask him what he wants to eat he throws up the sign for candy! lol We're going to try a potty training method this weekend! I've been working on sitting Kaiden on his potty and teaching him the sign for "potty" and I use the "potty" sign while changing his diaper. The past week when I do the potty sign he'll lay himself down on his back and let me change his bum! (This is awesome! BTW!) Well yesterday as I sat him on the potty I kept repeating the word potty and he did the sign! Horray for small steps! So this weekend Darren and I are going to embark on a potty training method I've found that is suppose to work in 3 days! And works best on children ages 15 months and up. Darren and I are in for a long weekend! Also Kaiden's new favorite thing to do is crawl up into the rocking chair. And he HAS to have a blanket and a book to read! lol Darren and I think its pretty cute! I have a little wooden rocking chair from when I was a little girl, but since we've moved around so much it got broke in a move. But Darren and I have it and Darrens going to fix it up for Kaiden to have! =) I love heirlooms! P.S. Kaidens favorite thing to say is "What's that?" usually after hearing a new sound and his favorite things to sign are "candy" and "bath" haha, of course!

Kaiden in his rocking chair WITH a blanket and WITH a book! lol Just the way he likes it!


Baby Boy- Still deciding between the 2 names. One day we'll narrow down the winner. He has been SUPER active the past month, in fact probably more active than Kaiden was! I wake up all through the nights to kicks and jabs. This past week I've really been feeling the discomforts of pregnancy. Trying to find a comfortable position to sleep is a challenge! He's a whole 2 lbs now and if he was born now (which I really hope not) his lungs are strong enough to live! Next week I'll be in the third trimester which is by far the hardest as I remember.


Me at 26 weeks. Sometimes the bump is bigger and sometimes its smaller. =)
Darren- Has been working really hard at school. He stays late and studies and goes to lots of tutoring sessions and still find hours a day to spend with Kaiden and I. What a man! Also I think I've gotten this guy addicted to Desperate Housewives! haha! Its our new show until we start on Glee Season 2!

Chelsea- I've been a busy girl! I'm helping out a friend in the ward by babysitting her 7 month old little girl! I only do it on tuesdays and thursdays and Kaiden loves it! At first he was reluctant about sharing his toys with her but now their best friends. When I lay her down for her nap Kaiden will wait outside the door and and knock, ehich is his way of asking me to open the door. lol. He also tries to talk with her through the door, which doesnt help her sleep! Haha. He even tries to help with feeding her. And he gives her hugs and kisses. He's going to be such a great big brother!
Kaiden and Makenli drinking their bottles and watching cartoons! haha.
I've also been working on a few sewing projects. I know I've been talking about learning to sew for forever but after finding some really cute fabric I've decided to go for it. I've started on a blanket for our cousin Brittney's baby girl and Brooke has been teaching me the ropes. I still have the binding left to do, but once it's done I'll post pictures. Its soo cute, I kinda want to keep it. At the fabric store they were have a big sale on Minky fabric! And they just so happened to have Minky fabrics that match our new car seat! So I bought some! Everyone says how hard it is to sew with because it has so much stretch to it, that I was kinda scared to work with it but just knowing how cute it would look, I just couldnt resist! And while at home I couldnt stop looking at the fabric and seeing in my mind what it would look like, so I thought I would hand sew a car seat blanket, just to get things started. Well I eneded up sewing the whole thing in 2 days. So I decided to hand sew a few things on the car seat cover, well I ended up doing it all by hand too! It took only 3 days! Holy cow! Turns out I have a lot more time while Kaiden's asleep than I thought! So here are the pictures so I can brag! Darren can't believe I did all the work by hand, but to be honest even though it was Minky and all, it was pretty easy!
(p.s. you can double click on the pictures to make them BIGGER!)
So here's the new car seat. Its a Graco Snugride 35 in the print "Logan". I love it!
The car seat blanket! It has small ties on the sides. The picture may look deceiving but this blanket is small, measuring 2 ft by 2ft. =)
Car seat blanket again. The back is solid green! I told ya the fabric matched perfectly to the car seat!!!!!
The car seat cover!!! I'm so proud of myself!!
And a side view!
Kaiden loves, LOVES the car seat blanet, probably because its so soft, and has been dragging it all over the house. So since I had a little fabric left over, I'll probably hand sew his own. Silly boy!

1 comment:

  1. Chelsea, the car seat cover looks so good! I can't believe you hand sewed the whole thing. The fabric matches perfect. Great job!

    ReplyDelete