Header Picture

Header Picture

Friday, February 8, 2013

Baby Emery Is HERE!

Last week I was diagnosed with my 2nd kidney infection during this pregnancy. My Dr suggested I get induced on friday Feb 8 and I was more than excited but slightly nervous. I always get worried about inductions as there is a higher chance of something going wrong. I was induced with Kaiden but I was 4 cm and beyond ready. My labor with him was 5 hours. This go around I was starting at 1 cm and I was terrified it would be painful or that I would never progress.

My mom flew into town the night before to watch the boys who were very excited to get their baby sister, FINALLY! Darren and I got up at 6 am to get ready and be at our hospital, 30 mins away. We barely slept we were so excited! I chose to deliver at Methodist Women's Hospital because it is only 4 years old and has excellent reviews, it also has the best NICU in the area if something were to go wrong. This is why I drove the 30 minutes for every appointment, and once we checked in at 8 am, I KNEW I had made the right decision!
HUGE delivery rooms with memory foam beds!

Flat screen tv with cable and a couch that folds into a bed for Darren!

Also, this amazing jacuzzi whirl pool tub! I seriously thought I might wake up and find Darren in here! lol!


Darren joked that the Marriot must have gotten into the Hospital business! lol! It truly was like staying in a hotel! To say it was nice was an understatement and the nurses were all beyond helpful and HAPPY to be there! I loved it!  We checked in at 8 am and at 9 am I was started on a low dose of Pitocin. I was told that every 30 minutes the Pitocin drip would increase. I had never been on Pitocin before and had only heard scary stories, so I was a little nervous. I'm a baby for pain! Well, I'm proud to say I had no problem with it! In fact had the nurses not told me, I never would have guessed I was on Pitocin. It felt just like natural labor! At 10 am, 1 hour later, a midwife came in to break my water. My nurse then suggested I walk the halls for 30 minutes to get things going. So away we went. After 30 minutes of walking my contractions were coming every 2 minutes. They weren't horribly painful yet, but I knew it was only a matter of time, so I requested the epidural. At 11 am my epidural was set and I was ready to settle in for a nap. Well like I said, they had AMAZING nurses at my hospital. My nurse stayed with me and never left my side after I got the epidural. I had told her I progress really fast especially after 7 cm and so she decided to stay and check me every 15 minutes. It was AWESOME! As soon as I was complete, which only took 40 minutes, she called my Dr, whose office is attached to the hospital, and he was over within 10 minutes. I pushed through 2 contractions and lil miss Emery was born at 12:58 pm!!! (YES that was only 4 HOURS!!!!!) She was born sleeping and didn't make a peep until the nurses roughed her up. lol. They like the babies to cry to get the gunk out of their throats. You think that I would be worried, but Jaxton didn't cry when he was first born so I knew everything was okay.
Getting weighed and measured!

My labor was so awesome this picture was literally taken after I gave birth and I didn't even touch up my hair or makeup! Best labor yet! lol (also Emery looks like a thug!)

Looking like Kaiden! We are pretty sure she is going to have Blue eyes too!

Emery weighed in at 7 lbs. 1 oz. and 20 inches long. She is now the biggest and tallest baby I've had! This is funny to me because I swear I had the smallest belly and I literally thought she would weigh 5 lbs! lol. Darren and I had a bet that if she was born with bonde hair her middle name would be Paige, my fave, and if she was born with brunette hair her middle name would be Lynn, Darren's fave.

Well we were shocked when she came out with black hair! So we used another name we loved that is a family name on my side, which is Belle! Yes its super rhymey with our last name, but we just love the way Emery Belle sounds!
Our hospital has a rule that they don't give babies baths until they are 4 hours old. It has something to do with them regulating their own body temp first. So she was still covered in blood and vernix and was only wrapped in a hospital swaddling blanket. She was NOT happy and was super fussy.

Im so glad she loves bows because I've made a TON!


Well as soon as she got her bath and we put her in an adorable gown and bow she was elated! She was so happy she ate and passed out for the night! She is such a diva and we love her so much for it!!!
Mommy and daughter! She feeds like a champ and eats LOTS! lol

She was an instant Daddy's Girl, which is the absolute sweetest thing ever! She already has her daddy wrapped tightly around her tiny little fingers!



Dena and Farrell came to visit us for a bit later that night and they fell in love with her just as we had! We are so excited to take her home tomorrow! Her brothers are so anxious to meet their beautiful baby sister! We can't wait to see her grow and get more beautiful with everyday!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it all went so great! She is such a cutie! LOVE that last picture of her...and that hat is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete