The past year Derek has been taking a break from the Air Force to spend time with family in Salt Lake City. He's had a great time being close to his daughter, mom, sister Ashlea, cousin Hannah, and Aunt Stacie and Uncle John! Well he got right back into the Air Force last month and they quickly decided to locate him to North Carolina! This meant he would be driving right through Omaha! Yay for living in the middle of the USA! And to our wonderful surprise he decided to spend a whole day with us! The boys LOVE guests so it was long before they were jumping and wrestling Uncle Derek! I knew Derek would definitley need a break from the rough house so I suggested we spend a few hours at our magical zoo! It was so fun to see how impressed Derek was of our zoo! I think he was more excited than the boys to go and we got to waste about 4 hours!
So, my family really likes food and we really LOVE eating out so we are a little obsessed with the show Man Vs. Food! So Derek's request to go to Starsky's featured on Man Vs Food was no surprise! In fact the only thing surprising was that Darren and I had never gone there before! As soon as Darren got home we headed over to Starsky's, which it turns out is just up the street, and we ordered us some Pig Wings and Corn Nuggets.
And no we didn't attempt the Pig Wing Challenge which is 5lbs of Pig Wings and 3lbs of Corn Nuggets! lol (fyi Pig Wings look just like chicken wings but at least 4x bigger and they taste just like ribs! yum! Also corn nuggets taste like deep fried cream of corn! Double yum!) It was so great to have him drive by for a day! And I must have been having a lot of fun because I totally forgot to take any pictures! OOPS!

No comments:
Post a Comment