Header Picture

Header Picture

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

What happened to July and August!?

Well, the month  of July sure flew by fast! I've been holding off on updating our blog because we lost our camera on one of our trips and I kept hoping against hope it would turn up somewhere... oh well. Darren bought us a new camera that I actually like more! It has the same fun functions as my old one, plus some. So hopefully our next posts will have pics and our camera wont get lost..... again! I really do have the WORST luck with cameras!
So Right after my birthday Darren and I flew to St. Louis for his 10 year high school reunion. It was actually just an excuse for a "lovers get away" and was so much fun! We rented a car for a way cheap price and they even upgraded us to an Electric Blue Mustang because they had an overstock! No extra charge! Awesome! Our first night there was terrifying for me since I had never been to St. Louis and we had a misshap with our GPS which lead us into the ghetto while we were looking for an Olive Garden! lol We laugh now, but not when the cops pulled us over in our flashy car to tell us that we were obviously lost and to carry weapons with us next time we were in the neighborhood, I was traumatized! Darren's goal the rest of the trip after that was to take me to the super trendy, nice parts of St Louis. lol Darren's reunion was great! It was so fun to meet all  his old friends and you could tell he had a really good time, even though lots of the friends he was hoping would be there, weren't. It was a really great, yet awfully short, weekend!
We had only been home a day when Darren suggested driving to Nauvoo that night! And of course I love the spur of the moment spontaneity so I was ALL for it, and away we went... with the kids this time! =D We really enjoyed walking around Nauvoo! It's soooo pretty and I just can't get over the temple there! On our second/ last night we had planned to go to the Nauvoo pagaent, but I wasnt feeling too well and I told Darren to go without me. The next morning I just knew something was wrong. Actually I just thought I was dehydrated after walking around in 100+ heat for 2 days and that I'd need an IV. So I'm feeling awful and I feel like I'm dying so we packed our things that morning to drive home. Well, our car had a flat tire, so we had to drive around looking for a place to fix it which took an hour and then we were on the road for 5 hours until we got home. We dropped the kids off at Grammy Dena's and headed to the closest hospital for an "IV." Well I check in and apparently I'd had a 104 temp so they immediatley checked me into the ER. Where I stayed for 4 days! Longest days of my life! I missed my kiddos so much! Thankfully they got the Kidney Infection treated and I got to go home to be with them! =D
3 weeks later was the Iowa State Fair! Darren and I have been every summer except 1 since we've been married so it was a MUST! We met up with my grandma Nonie and spent a good 3 hours there, which is great since we had our kiddos! We ate everything! And it was all soooooo yummy! And I got my first sno cone of the season! Yippee! Even though they only had 5 flavors to choose from, at that point I wasnt picky! I may just need to buy a sno cone maker and some caramel flavoring for next summer!
A few days after the fair was Darren's birthday! He's not as "into" birthdays as I am, but I think he was pretty happy to spend the time with his family! The lucky dog got himself an IPad and accessories! Although when it's home, it becomes "Kaiden's Ipad!" lol. The night before his birthday, Darren and I had a date night! We went to Famous Dave's, walked around Cabela's, grabbed dessert at a cafe, and saw the new Batman movie that was out in theatres!  I  just love spending time with that handsome man of mine! I'm one very lucky girl! ;D And on Darren's birthday, day, it was a sunday so we did a family dinner at Dena's house. It was all very nice and I believe Darren enjoyed every bit of his birthday weekend!
And finally, at the end of this month Darren started Law School! He's  on his second week and LOVING it! I know he'll make a great lawyer one day! I'm just happy that our family has started settling into a routine again! So nice after such a hectic summer! lol. In 1 week Kaiden will be starting Pre School for 2, half days a week! I'm so excited he gets that opportunity! And he is enrolled at the Pre School where all of the parents from our ward take their kids! So it will be almost like nursery! He is sooo excited to go! It's all he wants to talk about! What a cutie pie! He is getting so big, I just cant believe it!!!

WHEW what a summer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment