Header Picture

Header Picture

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Romriell's have the BLUES!!

It's true we've got the Blues! Haha! After a few days of me and the boys being sick, I decided to cheer us up, by embracing the Blues! lol. Actually, it's not as depressing as it sounds. It was pretty much a day we celebrated the color blue, which in fact is Kaidens VERY favorite color!
<----- still the cutest boy ever, even though it is sooo apparent he is sick! =D Look at those sad, sick eyes!
Armed with a bottle of blue food coloring, we started with our morning breakfast! Kaiden was in heaven! We wore blue clothes, used blue bowls, cups, plates, everything that could be blue was, anything we ate was colored blue!
<------ Cream of Wheat, milk, toast, Blueberries!
It was really fun, especially to see Kaiden's face with each new blue item! Like our snack, Blue Dinosaur Eggs (aka Hard Boiled Eggs!)
Later we even made Blue Chocolate Chip Cookies. Kaiden and I have been quite the cookie monsters lately. Of course I blame the Girl Scout Cookies that are out right now. Our favorite, this year, being the Peanut Butter Tag Alongs! Yummmmm!
<----- required ALOT more food coloring than you'd think! ;D
This was such a fun idea, embracing the Blues so to speak, that I may make a tradition of it! Nuthin like a new tradition to look forward to! And I'm not kidding, but after our Blue Celebration we all started to feel significantly better! (Except Darren, who finally caught what we had! haha, poor guy!)
<---- Kaiden LOVED spreading the BLUE cheer! It was so cute to watch him feed his brother! lol.

2 comments:

  1. Love your 'blue' day! You should do it all again on April 2nd, that is light it up blue for Autism Awareness Day.....we will be having a blue day then and I might just have to steal some of your fun ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that! We will for sure then!!!! If you have enough food coloring you can also color the bath blue!!! Or I've even used those tablets that you purposley drop in the tub for colors! I bet I'll pick up quite a few other ideas as I go. p.s. Alfredo sauce is super easy to color blue! So are noodles! and mashed potatoes and a few drops of food coloring into rolls or melted butter!

    ReplyDelete