Header Picture

Header Picture

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!



One of my VERY favorite holidays, but I'm pretty sure I say that about EVERY Holiday! I was super excited about planning a fun St. Patty's Day Feast!
BUT the biggest surprise was having my grandma Michael here! She called Monday and told us she was coming into town and I was sooooooo very excited! We don't get to see her much, so this is a BIG deal!
<----- My Irish Jersey I bought when I was in London when I was 16! I pretty much only wear it once a year, on St Patricks Day!!!
So this morning we went to pick her up from her hotel and took her right on over to our stake center! Our ward is sooo cute and planned a fun breakfast for the nursery kids!
And they even had a leprechaun hunt! Kaiden was pretty excited about his chocolate gold piece! Haha! My grandma attracts kids, and I remember walking across the room to get another waffle and when I came back, about 6 kids were all around her talking to her. Hehe, it was sooo cute!
After breakfast we went home and I worked on preparing our fabulous dinner! We had a roast and vegetables, Smashed Potatoes (dyed gold to look like Gold Coins), Green Homemade Rolls, Rainbow Jello
and for dessert, a Rainbow Ice Cream Cake!!!! YUMMMMMM!
Isn't the inside just gorgeous!!!! It was tasty too!
It was alot of work but so fun and totally worth it, Dallen even came over to enjoy the food with us!!
When I was younger, on St. Patricks Day my family would watch The Magical Legend of the Leprechauns on the Hallmark channel. It's a super corny movie, similar to Romeo and Juliet, with terrible graphics but I just have to watch it on St. Patty's Day for the nostalgia of it! So after dinner we started it and since it's a 3 hour movie, we had to stop for some dessert! lol. It was quite a fun day! Kaiden now has an obsession with rainbows and ice cream cakes! lol
Jaxton has been a teething moster this week! Poor kid, had his parents waking up every 30 minutes! He has yet to get his first tooth, hopefully this week! Having a teething baby while we move, would make an 18 hr drive with 2 young kiddos much worse!
The rest of my grandma's visit was so nice! It is always nice to have the extra help around the house. Monday she took us out to dinner to Texas Roadhouse, Darren and I havnt been there in forever and while there, we realized we should eat there more often! So yum! And a visit with my grandmother isn't complete unless she buys us a ton of stuff! She made a mental note while she stayed at our house of all the things she thought we needed and then we went to the store and she loaded up a cart. Haha. It was so nice! Kaiden behaved really well at the store, I'm guessing it's because any movie, toy and/ or candy he picked up Grandma threw it in the cart for him! Jaxton didnt get short changed though, she bought him a little car which he won't let go of. He's still a little young, but I'm thinking cars are his thang. His favortie toy is one of Kaiden's big toy trucks that plays music and drives around. lol. I just love my grandma! I'm so sad to be moving so far away from her. Her home in Washington is like every kids dream! Maybe I can talk Darren into a summer trip next year! My grandma's parting words for me were "Chelsea I'm hoping you get twin girls one day!" We shall see grandma, but I wouldn't say no to twin boys either! lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment