Header Picture

Header Picture

Monday, November 1, 2010

2010 Halloween Dinner

Since Brooke took so many fantastic pictures, I decided to make a specific post dedicated to last nights annual Halloween Dinner Spooktacular! Here we go!
The Menu:



The Beverage: Witches Brew


The Appetizer: Dragon Scales (Artichoke Leaves)


Whilst Eating the Dragon Scales, served best with mayo!!


First Course: Fresh & Crunchy Witches Skin (Salad)


Witches Skin, served best with Blod Clots (tomatoes), Owl Toenails (sunflower seeds), Grated Pumpkin (shredded cheese), Stale & Moldy Bread Crumbs (croutons)........


And don't forget the Rotten Eggs! (Darren had already taken the blue one)

The Main Course: Bloody Baked Rats

Bloody Baked Rats best served with sides of Mashed Boo-tatoes and Dead Man's Pinkies!
And the Grand Finale aka Dessert: The Phantom of the Night! (Baked Alaska, an ice cream cake covered in meringue)

It was a really fun evening, but I must admit I had never made meatloaf (what the rats were made of) before by myself. Im not a big fan of meatloaf but I knew Darren was and the night was more aimed at the men folk. Anyways Darren RAVED About them! He thought they were sooo good! haha. I guess I should make meatloaf for him more often! The dessert was really good too! Darrena nd I had never had a Baked Alaska before. I guess you can make it with a brownie bottom or a cake bottom and choose any kind of ice cream for the top layer. Then you cover it with merignue. It was really delicious! My favorite, as it was last year, was still the Witches Brew! Yummm. Its amazing what a little lime sherbert, frozen limeade and a bottle of ginger ale can become! All in all, I think we all had a great night! I will definitely be carrying on this tradition for awhile! =)
Well, TTFN!

1 comment:

  1. Love the tribute to the Halloween dinner, It was so fun, and there was lots of good food. I'm glad you liked the baked alaska, it was way fun to make! Thanks for letting me help with the dinner.

    ReplyDelete