Header Picture

Header Picture

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Halloween Festivities!

As you all know by now, Halloween is my most favoritist holiday of the year...... besides my birthday! So it's no surprise that this whole month we have been doing Halloween themed Family Home Evenings! The first Monday we decorated our front window. We added fake spider webs and window clings and orange string lights and spiders. With Darrens smarts and my good looks we had put it up in no time. And it looks mighty fine! I love all the comments our friends and neighbors have given us regarding our window.

Our fancy window!

The next monday we made or I should say "attempted" carameled apples! We really shouldn't have cut corners and made homemade caramel but I thought we could take the easy way and reheat caramel candy pieces. Lets just say when it cools its hard as rock! lol. Oh well, it was a fun cheap project anyways and the main point is family time. Even though mine was inedible due to the rock hard caramel, I have got to say it looked delicious! I dipped mine in caramel then in white chocolate and then in Butterfinger piees. I got the idea from The Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. Darren decided he was cooler than me and sliced his apples before dipping them in the caramel to eat right away. Haha.

Darren enjoying his caramel dipped apple slices!

Kaiden enjoying some caramel apple slices himself!

Before the "fancy toppings."

After the white chocolate and butterfinger fixins'.
Well last night was our 3rd Monday and we carved pumpkins! It was alot of fun! We started with Kaidens since we wanted him to be apart of it and it was close to his bedtime. Kaiden had fun playing in the guts, but mostly he just wanted to eat them! lol. Since his pumpkin was so small we carved a bat on his. Darren carved a creepy tree with the moon behind it on his and mine (which (and I may be biased here) think is the BEST) is a spider web with "Happy Halloween!" in the middle and a spider off to the side. I'll be sad when this month is over and when F.H.E ideas are harder to think of, no help from Rexburg's winter weather!

Kaiden pulling out the Pumpkin guts!


just call me Pumpkin Head!

After eating a bit of "pumpkin heel." lol


Mmmmmm Pumpkin Guts!!!




Daddy's Pumpkin: Lights On!


Daddy's Pumpkin: Lights Off!


Mommy's Pumpkin: Lights On!


Mommy's Pumpkin: Lights Off!

Kaiden's Pumpkin: Lights On!
Kaiden's Pumpkin: Lights Off!
Pumpkin Fmaily!!!!!

Also I finished my Halloween cross stitch almost a month ago and have been meaning to post a picture of it. It is much better in person since you an really see the detail and all the beadwork I added, but at least you'll be able to get the gist of it.


Last week Rod and Darla called to invite us to their annual Halloween party! We are excited since its this saturday! Kaiden will have fun playing with all of the kids, plus he loves Rod and Darla. haha. We will also be spending the night at Grandma Joyce's and get to enjoy her company all day Sunday. I love mini vacations. =)
Okay, back to our family again. Last week out of NOWHERE Kaiden decided he no longer needed 2, 2 hour naps a day. He only wanted 1, 1 hour nap! Haha. So now I get to entertain him for an extra 3 hours a day! Which is alot when he's up from 8:30 am- 6 30: pm. He takes his 1 afternoon nap at 11:30. Its not even a long enough nap for the mama to recharge her batteries. lol. Kaiden still has his 100% energy all day long. So to burn off his energy I've been taking him to the park and for walks nearly every day. But with Rexburgs awfully cold winters, I dont know how long our nature walks can last! And now Im dreading this winter more than ever! haha. On a side note, Im enjoying helping Darren find Law Schools in warm sunny states! For a few minutes I get to day dream about living in Texas or California or Florida! Sunny year round! Yes, PLEASE! =) Of course our top choice is still BYU Provo's Law Program. We've even got a "back up" plan to go to the University of Idaho, which is borderline Washington and Idaho. Meaning worse winters than Rexburg! Thats why its a back up! Although we would be very close to my dad's family! Which is the only plus! lol. Tomorrow Darren's Pre-Law Society is takeing a school bus to BYU Provo for a HUGE Law School Fair. Hopefully by tomorrow night he will have a better idea of where he wants to apply. Its only a day trip but Kaiden and I will miss him tons and tons!!
Darrens schedule hasnt changed. He's at school from 8 am to 5 pm everyday. On wednesday night he goes to his Pre-law Society meetings and on Thursday and Friday nights he goes to work booting. On saturdays he sometimes goes to school to work on more homework or to practice the LSAT test. Thats why I love sundays! Cause he is ALL mine....... and Kaidens! lol
Well i think thats it for updates for now!
TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment